- Capital Café (華星冰室)
Shop B1, G/F, Kwong Sang Hong Building, 6 Heard Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
G/F, Shun King Building, 185-187 Shau Kei Wan Main Street East, Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong
G/F, 107 Sai Yeung Choi Street South, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Capital Café is another typical Cha Chaan Teng in Hong Kong, the proprietors of which are famous stars from the phonographic industry therefore people from the entertainment circles occasionally show up in these restaurants. Fans may meet their favourite stars here if they are lucky :p
Regarding the food, they are more or less similar to those in Australia Dairy Company but the quality of food is relatively better here. Tea set is readily available for the whole day. Capital Café is famous for its Principal Toast (Baked Cheese Toast) and Truffled Scrambled Eggs.
The decoration of the restaurant immitates the 80’s which recalls the collective memories of Hong Kong in the old days. Capital Café is not very big or spacious but the placement of seats and tables as well as the friendliness of waiters give customers a cosy and comfortable feeling.
In 2014, another branch was opened in Macau which allows residents in Macau to experience the precious 80’s nostalgia of Hong Kong.
- Breakfast Set (Bird View)
- – Macaroni in soup served with sliced hamg
– Scrambled eggs with toast
– Hot drink
- Breakfast Set (Close shot)
- Breakfast Set (Scrambled eggs with toast)
- Fluffy and creamy scrambled eggs cooked with Hokkaido 3.6 Milk. The texture of the egg is So Smooth and it matches so well with the toast.
- Breakfast Set (Macaroni in soup with sliced ham)
- The soup of macaroni is quite nice in which small amount of 3.6 Hokkaido Milk is added and it is much more savoury. The macaroni is less soft which I prefer more. The waiting time for the breakfast set is around 5 minutes which is slightly longer than that of Australia Dairy Company but with better quality of food. XP
- Tea Set
- – Toast with ham and scrambled eggs
- – Spaghetti/macaroni in soup served with BBQ Pork
- -Hot Drink
- Tea Set (Spaghetti in soup served with BBQ pork)
- Only a few pieces of BBQ pork are served in the dish but they are thicker. The spaghetti here is just of the right texture and the chewiness of which can be preserved.
- Milk Tea
- Just from the colour of the milk tea already manifests the quality of milk tea. The tea is concentrated enough but not acerbic which is made from multi tea leaves. The tea goes well with smooth and thick milk because the milk to tea proportion is just right.
- Milk tea from Capital Cafe allows me to taste the Cha Chaan Teng style of Hong Kong. Terrific!